Gamblers Anonymous Compulsive Gambling Checklist
Gamblers Anonymous offers the following questions to anyone who may have a
gambling problem. These questions are provided to help the individual decide
if he or she is a compulsive gambler and wants to stop gambling.
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of
- Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your
Most compulsive gamblers will answer yes to at least seven of these
questions. If you feel you have a problem please contact Gamblers Anonymous.